“Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6: 11-12.
As a Christian we must embrace the battle that rages in the realm of the spirit. We being mind, body, and spirit must always first trust our spirit. This is the place that God speaks to our inner soul. This spirit also moves in a realm that is more real than our natural existence. Many times it is hard for a person to go from trusting in their flesh to trusting in the spirit. When a person is born, their first nature is to function under the direction of their flesh. As they mature, the flesh allows the mind of a person to direct it to some extent. Unfortunately most people only get to the place where they make decisions according to the direction of their own mind and body. God desires that people take it a step further. Becoming a Christian involves a lot more than just saying you believe in God. It is a complete transformation. Your flesh and mind becomes connected to God’s spirit.
When we accept this spirit of God, it gives us power in the spirit realm that can directly affect what happens in this natural world. It is no doubt our battle is not in flesh and blood. We truly battle against demonic forces beyond our natural perception. These forces oppress and possess the minds and bodies of men. The fall of mankind from the first Adam till present day times has been affected by these forces. All Evil Spirits have a mission of diluting and destroying the message of Jesus Christ through whatever means necessary. This includes killing those who preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Knowing that Satan and his demonic forces look to destroy the works of good, Christians must put on the “whole armor of God”. These pieces include…The Breastplate Of Righteousness, The Shield Of Faith, The Belt Of Truth, The Shoes Of The Gospel Of Peace, The Helmet Of Salvation, and The Sword Of The Spirit.
1. The Breastplate Of Righteousness refers the a man keeping himself away from sin, therefore protecting him from death, which is the result of sin.
2. The Shield Of Faith is our protection from doubt in turn protecting us from all the lies and deception that exist in this world. Paul refers to these deceptions as “fiery darts of the wicked”
3. The Belt Of Truth is what keeps us from stumbling in our understanding of God. The bible says that we worship God in spirit and truth. Without this component Christian’s would find themselves in spiritual error.
4. The Shoes Of The Gospel Of Peace refers to Gods desire that we be peacemakers. “Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.” 2 Cor. 13:11
5. The Helmet Of Salvation refers to mans choice to believe in Jesus Christ therefore securing a place for the soul(mind) in heaven. Without it mankind is lost.
6. The Sword Of The Spirit is the word of God. When Jesus was tempted by Satan in the wilderness, Jesus fought him by quoting the word of God. When we as Christians know the word of God, it gives us a great tool to fight with.
These pieces are essential to fighting against evil. If we choose to not embrace these principles it will certainly result in a spiritual death.
Friends, trust in God in all you do and allow him to equip you with his armor. “That ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand, stand therefore.” Ephesians. 6:13-14